#HeartUnions Week runs 12-18 February this year and we’re running a competition throughout February to celebrate!
How to enter
** Join WGGB here **
- Get another writer to join the WGGB, as either a Full, Candidate or Student member (between 9am on 12 February 2024 and midnight on 29 February)
- Have them name you as the person who referred them
- Fill out this entry form.
- Join the WGGB as either a Full, Candidate or Student member between 9am on 12 February 2024 and midnight on 29 February here
- Fill out this entry form.
Please note that new and existing members will not be automatically entered into the competition after joining and that all entrants must fill out this entry form. The lucky winners will have their names drawn on 4 March. All new members who join between 12 February and 29 February can enter the prize draw without being referred by an existing member, as long as they fill out the form.
We would like to thank WGGB members Russell T Davies, Emerald Fennell, Tyrell Williams and Roy Williams for donating their prizes and publisher Bloomsbury for donating copies of Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook 2024 and the Children’s Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook 2024, two comprehensive reference guides to writing and publishing.
If having the chance to enter our competition wasn’t enough reason to join the WGGB we also offer a range of benefits to our members, including free training, contract vetting, a pension scheme, Welfare Fund, entry to our Find A Writer directory, a weekly ebulletin, plus member-only events and discounts (take a look at our handy member benefits chart).
The WGGB is only as strong as our membership and by joining you’ll be helping to grow our collective strength.
By joining together we can negotiate better pay and working conditions for writers. We have national agreements in place which cover key industry bodies, including the BBC, ITV, Pact; National Theatre, Royal Court and Royal Shakespeare Company (see some of our recent wins for writers).
We also lobby and campaign on behalf of writers, to ensure their voices are heard in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or over
- Existing members will be entered after completing the entry form and for each successful referral.
- New members will be entered after joining as either a Full, Candidate or Student Member, and completing the entry form
- New members can also enter by making referrals as an existing member
- Competition opens 09:00 on 12 February 2024
- Deadline for new membership applications is 29 February 11:59pm
- The first winner will be the first name drawn and will be able to choose a prize from the following: a Doctor Who script signed by Russell T Davies, a Saltburn poster signed by Emerald Fennell, a copy of Red Pitch signed by Tyrell Williams, a signed anthology by Roy Williams, Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook 2024 and the Children’s Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook 2024. The second and each subsequent winner will be able to choose a prize from the remaining prizes, until there are not prizes left.
- Full terms and Conditions can be viewed here.