COMMISSIONED / OPTIONED / PRODUCED WORK
Something Special –
educational series for BBC Children's channel CBeebies. Commissioned to write material for Diwali episode of series 12 – broadcast Nov 2020.
topical satirical sketch show on BBC Radio 4 Extra. Material broadcast in Series 23 (2020), Series 14 (2016) and Series 13 (2015).
X Marks the Spot
– short macabre drama – the script won the 2019 Four Minute Screenplay Competition. Click here to watch the official trailer.
Femme Fatale –
stage version of 2017 IMDb Script to Screen Award-winning screenplay performed at the Questors Theatre in January 2019. Directed by Peter Gould for a themed evening of short plays about the darker side of social media.
Special Delivery –
short drama selected for 30+ festivals including 5 BAFTA-qualifying. One of the winning projects in the Directors UK/ARRI Challenge ALEXA 2018 competition and winner of three best short film festival awards. Directed by Robert Hackett.
Mummy Dearest –
black comedy for The Scene 2018 festival at the Tabard Theatre. Directed by Natasha Kathi-Chandra and produced by Get Over It Productions.
Femme Fatale –
a darkly comic thriller – writing-directing debut. Short screenplay won the 2017 IMDb Script to Screen Award with a prize of £5000 cash and £1000-worth of hire kit to make the film. World premiere at the FilmBath Festival in November 2017.
Romantic Hideaway –
a dark psychological thriller, one of 50 short scripts selected for production for the crowdsourced 50 Kisses
anthology feature released in February 2014. Romantic Hideaway
was made 6 times by directors in the UK, Ireland, Spain and US.
The World of... Acting –
wrote material for a 2011 non-broadcast TV pilot for a themed comedy sketch show produced and directed by Clare Sturges.
The System –
commissioned in 2006 to write a one hour romantic comedy drama for a proposed BBC One anthology series called The Evening Play
BBC held an option on this half-hour children's comedy drama in 2001. Now a spec script again – details below.
The Real McCoy –
commissioned and produced writer on the first series of the BBC Two comedy sketch show - now on iPlayer until July 2021. Watch one of the sketches here
Flesh and Blood –
contained feature thriller with a cast of just three, all-female – a chained and isolated Teen battles her crazed Mother to escape her bedroom prison.
The Life and Deaths of Jim Reaper –
- Stage adaptation longlisted for 2020 Theatre503 International Playwriting Award.
- The #1 top rated screenplay on Coverfly's Red List at the start of 2020.
- Reached last 15 (out of 1000+ submissions) in the 2018 Red Planet Prize.
- Finalist (top 100 out of 6364 scripts & top 10 in thriller/horror) 2017 PAGE Awards.
- Semi-Finalist (top 151 out of 7102 scripts) in 2017 Academy Nicholl Fellowships.
- Shortlisted for the jury stage of the BAFTA Rocliffe Film Competition 2016.
- Semi-Finalist (top 149 out of 6915 scripts) in 2016 Academy Nicholl Fellowships.
- Shortlisted (top 40 out of 3100) in BBC Writersroom Scriptroom 10 in 2016.
feature comedy – accident-prone hitman enjoys great success without ever killing anyone – think Pink Panther
meets Final Destination.
Funny Tinge! –
- Quarter-finalist (top 10%) in the Shore Scripts 2019 Feature Contest.
- Selected for Script Lab with Jonathan Lynn at 2018 London Screenwriters' Festival.
- Selected for the Central European Pitch Forum in 2007.
half-hour authored sketch show for a diverse cast to perform provocative character comedy.
- Selected for the BBC Comedy Script Room 2017 (top 12 out of 2672 scripts).
one-hour TV pilot – a sci-fi/horror conspiracy thriller about a secret army of brainwashed killers embedded in society who are triggered by signals from deep space.
Out on a Limb –
- Reached the final 28 (out of 1000+ submissions) in the 2016 Red Planet Prize.
- Longlisted (top 100) in the 2013 BBC Writersroom's New Year Script Room.
30-minute black comedy – an amnesiac wakes up in a strange bedroom, hand-cuffed to a severed arm, and with the police banging on the door.
- Reached second shift (top 14%) of BBC Script Room 9 (Comedy) in 2015.
- Script gained me a place on the TAPS 2007 continuing drama course.
TV pilot – Sikh family who run an internet café in Southall, West London, also moonlight as Cyber Detectives investigating impossible "Digital Gothic" mysteries.
Big Muff –
- Revised draft reached last 18 (out of 700 scripts) in 2009 Writersroom CBBC contest.
- BBC held a three-month option in 2001 on the original draft.
ensemble workplace sitcom set in a rehearsal studio where the fictional staff interact with real-life music acts.
The Folks on the Hill –
- Rehearsed reading in 2011 by the London Comedy Writers, Upstairs at the Old Kings Head.
- TAPS workshopped comedy writer in 2002.
sitcom – new populist government on law and order ticket brings back Crucifixion, but as a sop to the conservationists, they put two people on a cross.
The Mobius Tape –
- Won the Guardian Unlimited "Funny Farm" comedy writing competition in 2006.
- Shortlisted (final 30 out 800 scripts) in BBC Two-Timing competition in 2004.
- Originally a series of sketches written for The Real McCoy - but all were dropped at the last moment - except for this one which slipped through!
30-minute standalone – a found-footage thriller, told backwards, via "layers" on a Hi8 video tape.
- Script reached second round of the BBC Writersroom Sharps competition in 2008.