WGGB provides a basic contract vetting service for Full and Candidate Members. It is run by WGGB staff and outsourced to external contract vetters when necessary.
The WGGB contract vetting service covers:
- Contracts for freelance writers working in TV, film, theatre, radio, books, videogames, children’s and animation (in the UK only)
- Option agreements
- Agency agreements
- Collaborators’ agreements (ie between writing partners)
In order for the WGGB to provide you with advice/contract vetting, we need the following information from you:
- Chronological order of events
- Copy of contract(s)
- Statement from you detailing the incident (if applicable) including any witnesses
- Copy of supporting documents
Please allow 7-10 working days for a response.
Please note that:
- We can only advise on contracts based on UK law.
- Depending on the nature of your complaint we may not be able to help with issues that happened more than two years ago.
- For new members, please ensure that you have paid your full year’s subscription before sending through contracts for vetting or seeking legal advice.
Information on how to use our contract vetting service is available in the members’ area of this website.
If necessary, WGGB staff will contact lawyers directly on your behalf.