I'm a Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow and Advisory, the author of three novels published by Simon & Schuster (UK/Commonwealth) and Pyr/Prometheus (US/Canada), and my 2010 short story Songbirds
was nominated for a BSFA Award. I am currently trying to break into audio drama, and am working with production companies active in this medium.
My most recent contributions are:
- Fanning the Flames, an alternate history loosely based on the life of Dead or Alive singer Pete Burns
- ModRocker, a stage script for the My Beating Heart showcase in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- The Howl, written in collaboration with Ian R. MacLeod, which appeared in Solaris Rising 3 and featured on Tangent Online’s 2014 Recommended Reading list
- The Circle of Least Confusion in the Philip K Dick Award-shortlisted Solaris Rising 2
- an appearance on the DVD accompanying the reissue of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds’ album, Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus
I also have 20 years' experience in business copy, with insights into global consumer trends, having worked on tens of millions of words destined for blue-chip multinationals, and bodies such as The British Council and World Bank.