Previously a copywriter, project manager, and technical translator from Portuguese, French and Norwegian, and writer for the stage and screen since 2007. Since then, a number of my own plays have been produced (see credits, below) and I've translated the work of Nelson Rodrigues, Armando Nascimento Rosa and Michelle Ferreira for performance and/or publication.
Represented by Dilia Literary Agency (Prague, Czech Republic) for the translation of 'Blind Eye' and 'Reunited' by Jaroslav Beznoska into Czech. My own translations from Portuguese are published by Oberon Books (Nelson Rodrigues) and Inti Press (Armando Nascimento Rosa).
- my translation of Fernando and his Grandmother by Armando Nascimento Rosa is performance in India at the Bangalore International Centre in July 2023 directed by Mayura Baweja.
- Reunited was performed at Guildford Fringe Festival and CornerHOUSE Theatre Surbiton (July 2021)
- my translation of Fernando and his Grandmother by Armando Nascimento Rosa performed at the Out of the Wings Festival at the Omnibus Theatre Clapham. (July 2019)
- The Bottom Line, a political satire, written, produced and directed a CornerHOUSE Theatre Surbiton. (July 2019)
- my translation of All Nudity will be Punished and Forgive me for your Betrayal (from the Portuguese by Nelson Rodrigues). The Nelson Rodrigues Anthology was published by Oberon Books. (June 2019) - Baring All - performed over 3 nights as part of a OneActs festival at CornerHOUSE Theatre, Surbiton and at the 60th Woking Drama Festival. (2018) - Grand Tour - staged reading at Actors and Writers, London. (2018) - The Real Mother of Marilyn Monroe (translated from the Portuguese by Armando Nascimento Rosa) - script in hand performance at Cervantes Theatre, London as part of the Out of the Wings "Mostra" and full production at the Luciole Internal Theatre, Houston, Texas. (2017) - Blind Eye - 3 week run at Theatre503, Battersea directed by Benet Catty (2014). - Blind Eye - 3 week run by Lisbon Players (Portugal) directed by Valerie Braddell (2014) - Come to Where I`m From - monologue commissioned by Paines Plough performed at Chipping Norton Theatre, Oxfordshire and part of the Paines Plough installation at the 2014 London Literary Festival, South Bank. (2012) - Cuts! - a staged reading at Kings Theatre, Gloucester, and published by New Theatre Publications (2012). - Reunited - Gloucestershire Theatre Association Writing Award and performed at Kings Theatre, Gloucester. (2012) - Blind Eye - rehearsed reading directed by Benet Catty at the Delfont Rooms, Prince of Wales Theatre, London. (2009)
"It isn't hiding if no one is looking for him" (Stefan - Blind Eye)
"I didn't just want to be like you, I wanted to be you" (Ed - Reunited)
"I'm not leaving it to chance. I've written the last scene of the Third Act for myself." (Anna - Grand Tour)
"They’ll be rewriting the history. That’s what always happens after a great leader is gone. They’ll publish volumes about what a monster I was. " (Salazar - A Reputation)
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.