I've been a freelance writer for over 25 years. In that time I have written for BBC One’s Doctors, Channel 5’s Family Affairs and RTÉ’s Fair City. I was lead writer on CBBC’s Crisis Control, and have a number of original film and television projects in development (hell).
I’ve also written 12 novels and audiobooks, two audio plays for Big Finish, and eight non-fiction books – most of these have concerned television in general and Doctor Who in particular. In October 2016 I started a three-year stint as an Associate Lecturer in Creative at Bath Spa University and from the autumn of 2020 I will be an RLF Fellow at the University of Bristol. I also have an MA in Creative Writing from Bath Spa and am working on finding a home for a literary novel and a thriller.
I’ve also written comic strips, short stories and journalism. I live in Somerset, and am married to a GP.
JFL Agency Ltd
48 Charlotte Street
Tel: 020 3137 8182
* Fair City: RTÉ, 30-minute episodes Series 26, Episode 111 (9 July 2015) Series 26, Episode 161 (14 October 2015)
* Doctors: BBC1, 30-minute episodes – The Way of the Warrior (8 November 2013) Embarrassing Bodies (27 September 2013) Stockholm Syndrome (11 December 2012) Naqam (16 February 2012) Pretending to See the Future (17 Mar 2011) Bleeding (9 March 2010) Pink Ribbon (8 December 2008) The Horrors (8 September 2008) Angels and Shadows (9 November 2007) All You Need is… (18 December 2006) ASBO (21 March 2006) The Girl Who Came Back (24 May 2005) True Romance (7 January 2005)
* Bernice Summerfield – Missing Persons: Big Finish CD The Revenant’s Carnival (60 minutes, December 2013)
* Crisis Control: CBBC, 30-minute episodes Lead writer (13 episodes, 2 January – 27 March 2009)
* Doctor Who: Big Finish CD No Man’s Land (4 x 30-minute episodes, November 2006)
* Family Affairs: Channel 5, 30-minute episodes – Episode 1018 (21 February 2001) Episode 1002 (30 January 2001) Episode 975 (22 December 2000) Episode 956 (27 November 2000) Episode 946 (13 November 2000) Episode 907 (19 September 2000) Episode 811 (8 May 2000) Episode 792 (11 April 2000) Episode 762 (29 February 2000)
NOVELS AND AUDIOBOOKS
* Doctor Who: The Sleeping Blood, Big Finish, 2015
*The Sarah Jane Adventures: Children of Steel, AudioGO, 2011
*Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid, AudioGO, 2011
*Merlin: Lancelot and Guinevere (novelisation), Random House, 2010
*Doctor Who: Wooden Heart, BBC Books, 2007
*Doctor Who: The Sleep of Reason, BBC Books, 2004
*Doctor Who: Bunker Soldiers, BBC Books, 2001
*Another Girl, Another Planet, with Steve Bowkett, Virgin Publishing, 1998
*Doctor Who: The Hollow Men, with Keith Topping, BBC Books, 1998
*Doctor Who: The Devil Goblins from Neptune, with Keith Topping, BBC Books, 1997
*Doctor Who: The Menagerie, Virgin Publishing, 1995
*Shut It! (an episode guide to The Sweeney and The Professionals), with Keith Topping, Virgin Publishing, 1999
*The Avengers Dossier, with Paul Cornell and Keith Topping, Virgin Publishing, 1998 (Gollancz eBook, 2013)
*X-Treme Possibilities (an X-Files episode guide), with Paul Cornell and Keith Topping, Virgin Publishing, 1997 (completely revised 2nd edition, 1998; Gollancz eBook, 2013)
*Brewer’s Cinema, essays (book edited by Jonathan Law), Cassell, 1995
*The New Trek Programme Guide, with Paul Cornell and Keith Topping, Virgin Publishing, 1995 (reprinted by VGS, Germany, 1996; Gollancz eBook, 2013)
*The Doctor Who Discontinuity Guide, with Paul Cornell and Keith Topping, Virgin, 1995 (reprinted by MonkeyBrain Inc., USA, 2004; Gollancz eBook, 2013)
*Classic British TV, with Paul Cornell and Keith Topping, Guinness Publishing, 1993 (completely revised 2nd edition, 1996; telefantasy chapters reprinted as Gollancz eBook, 2015)
Books, Film, Radio, Short story, Television
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.