I'm a writer/producer/showrunner who works in all genres of film, television and digital -- including comedy, drama, sci fi and family -- and have won or been nominated for Emmy, Humanitas, Gemini, Leo and Cable Ace awards in TV, plus numerous awards for my comedic feature documentary about saving civilization, How to Boil a Frog
I'm currently preparing to take a number of original series into the US market, including:
- Dark Iris, a Latino horror anthology twisted around themes of cultural identity and assimilation, with Mucho Mas Media and Camapanario Entertainment
- The Sisterhood, a darkly comedic female revenge drama based on the series of 30 best-selling novels by Fern Michaels, currently at WME for packaging
- IRIS, a witty action-adventure about international spies created for eOne, with financing from Tele Munchen in place
- Skyland, a drama series (in the vein of Ozark) about his experiences in Kentucky, with Halfire Entertainment (Alias Grace), and
- Beating Back the Devil, a Millennial thriller about fighting bioterrorism, based on the non-fiction book of the same name.
Previous credits as showrunner include Arctic Air, Shattered, The Best Years
and my original series The Collector
. I've developed 14 pilots for various prodcos and networks, including Comedy Central, FX and ITV (UK), and have run series for Disney Channel and Nickelodeon in the US, for Rogers, Global, CBC and Space in Canada. Altogether I've produced over 150 hours of TV.
On the feature side, I've recently finished Los Angeles: Being the True Story of the largest Lynching in the History of America, and the birth of a City
, about the mystery behind the Chinatown Massacre of 1871, based on IP.
Other recent features include The Oracle’s Wife
, a biopic about M. King Hubbert, one of the great minds of the 20th
century who foresaw the end of the Oil Age, and Hindenburg LZ-129
, a film noir thriller that uses the famous disaster as a springboard.
On the digital side, I'm developing a slate of interactive VR projects with Titan1Studios, plus writing and producing a high-budget pilot presentation for AMD, to be premiered in 2019. Details are covered by NDA, but in general my goal is to break the boundaries of current entertainment silos, creating broad audiences across multiple platforms (MR/AR/VR, games, TV series, movies, live events, storyworlds, theme park rides, etc.), with stories that have an international appeal.