WGGB members can:
- Participate in our free Write On series of Zoom events – view videos of past sessions and see what we’ve got coming up.
- Obtain a 10% discount off Birkbeck courses (from the 2021/22 academic year this is for undergraduate courses only; those who are returning to complete a postgraduate course for which they have previously claimed the discount will not be affected by this change).
- During lockdown, WGGB members can participate in BBC Academy free Zoom courses for freelancers, on a range of topics including podcasting, PC skills and building a social media following. Details of how to sign up will be featured in the WGGB ebulletin to members.
- Members in Wales are also eligible to apply for discounted training via CULT Cymru.
- Despite a concerted campaign in the trade union movement, the Government made the decision in March 2021 to abolish the English Union Learning Fund, which funded FEU Training for members of WGGB and other entertainment unions. WGGB members are currently still able to access the wealth of online training resources, including webinars and e-courses, on the FEU Training website. You can read the announcement about the Government’s decision here.
- We are running a pilot scheme of free online training for members, tailored specifically for writers.