Phil is a scriptwriter and novelist specialising in comedy-drama. He originally trained and worked as an actor and has a professional background in business psychology.
The Driving Seat
(Writer/Director), currently in festivals
- Get Happy! (feature length dark RomCom): Britain’s leading happiness expert accepts an offer from a brash, disaffected documentary maker to transform “Britain’s most miserable man” and finds there’s more to happiness than he realised.
- Empty Nesting (TV Sitcom pilot): After they wave their third and final child off to university, Martin and Jane decide they need to find a new purpose in their marriage, and set off on a project to try and reclaim their lost youth.
- The Mouth of the Fleet (TV Drama serial pilot episode): A disgraced former tabloid journalist sees a chance to revive his career with a big story when he stumbles on a shadowy cult responsible for apparently accidental deaths on the London Underground - but he is forced to switch his line of enquiry much closer to home when he discovers a link between the cult and his own family’s hidden past.
- Rich History (Comedy Fantasy feature film): The heir to a property development company is lured back to Victorian times by a young woman claiming to be his guardian angel. To be able to return, he must put right the exploitative crimes of his industrialist ancestor; but if he succeeds, he will wipe out his inheritance and come back penniless.
- RoboRep (Sitcom pilot episode, co written with BBC journalist Nigel Cassidy): In the year 2043, wannabe sales rep Connie tries to prove herself selling robots from a warehouse off the 13-lane M25; dodgy droids get in the way.
- The Point (black comedy stage play): Would-be guru’s inaugural Life Purpose retreat in a mediterranean villa is disrupted by an obsessive ex girlfriend - and his wife’s response - bringing his own life purpose under the spotlight.
- The Mouth of the Fleet, published October 2013
- Dying to be Famous, published October 2012
- Co-deviser and writer (with Nigel Cassidy) of seven series of panel game The Board Game for BBC Radio 4
- Sketch writer for comedy show Brunch (Capital Radio)
- Co-writer and performer (with Stuart Morris), The Chuzzlewick Report, Martin Chuzzlewick Up Your Way, Martin Chuzzlewick – Mission Improbable and Sharon – In Her Own Words (BBC Radio London)
- Training video screenplays and comedy mini plays commissioned by companies including ICI, the BBC and Deutsche Bank
- Dramatic monologues for national NHS conferences
- Co-author (with Ralph Lewis) of the personal development titles Individual Excellence and Management Development Beyond the Fringe (both Kogan Page)
- Articles on management and personal development topics, including pieces for People Management and Business Life and the blog Phil Lowe’s Friday Alternative
- Writer of sketch based dinner entertainment for "Comedy Dining"
- Writer of several schools/young people’s plays, most recently The Prisoner of Polygonia for the Royal Institution (a collaboration with popular maths writer Rob Eastaway)