A professional writer since switching from finance in 2008, work to date includes
- A novel, Blessed Assurance, published June 2019
- several plays which have enjoyed success in London, Edinburgh, New York and elsewhere - notably The Door, Satin Doll, The Speech, Little Brother, and Sex is Another Language
- a libretto for a community choral piece based on George and The Dragon in collaboration with Malcolm Archer
- an illustrated book for small children, Tilly the Tadpole, in collaboration with artist Katie Brent
- several collections of poetry
Work in progress includes a novel, a play with music based on the romance between Chopin and George Sand and an opera based on Christmas Carol (both in collaboration with Simon Egerton). Damn Cheek Productions are touring The Speech
and The Door,
and a production of Sex is another language
is planned for early 2018.
Other activities include involvement in running a scriptwriters group, a Poetry Society stanza and a jazz trio (playing sax) as well as choral singing.