WGGB is encouraging members to take part in a consultation being conducted by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) on the effectiveness of existing systems for freelancers and small businesses to take claims for IP infringement.
By taking part in the consultation you will help improve the copyright protection regime for you and your fellow creators.
You have until Monday 2 November 2020 to complete a response form, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (please copy in WGGB Deputy General Secretary Lesley Gannon: email@example.com so that WGGB can continue to be involved in this important work).
Further details, including the form, can be found here.
Here are some of the issues you might want to consider:
- Have you had your IP rights infringed?
- What difficulties have you encountered in enforcing your rights?
- Do you know what to do? What could be done better?
- Have you been involved in an infringement case and, if so, what was your experience of the process?
- Would you like the option of a fixed penalty for infringements instead of having to prove damage?